Saturday, October 4, 2014

From Within

It has been a while, to say the least.  Writing creeps up in me, and until I put pen to paper, finger to keyboard, or even voice to recorder, I cannot rest.  As I breathe in and allow my thoughts to flow, hoping for the best, I then prepare to share it.  



This morning as I looked at the colors on leaves that declare the season's beauty, I realized something about us.  My belief is that we are connected to nature and the universe.  As our bodies and mind work to keep us going, so does the earth.  We mimic many things from the processes of Earth's maintenance.  For example, the chlorophyll that makes leaves green, overpower the other colors that already exists within, dominating the leaf's color.  In the fall, as the tree takes in energy to prepare for the winter, the green fades and the colors that were hidden are revealed in all it's beauty. The process protects the tree and keeps it alive as it braves cold winters.  Although many of us feel suffocated at times, we somehow find strength within us to keep going.   Sometimes it's just a matter of getting rid of something that is overpowering us.  It can be negative energy that may arise without notice that can hide the strength to keep positive.   A situation that we may not be truthful with ourselves about may make us feel powerless as we keep going like robots.  Sometimes when we let go of certain things, the beauty that is left behind is unique and has always been part of each of us.  Realizing the strength within helps us maintain as we brave cold "winters". 

No comments:

Post a Comment